XBert CONNECT's Template Tasks standardise your processes and ensure consistency of your service offering across your client organisations or linked organisations. Along with other workflow management features like your Work board Team View and XBerts & Tasks dashboards, filters and Reporting Period Selector, you can track what needs to be done by when and monitor team workload.
For better workflow management and consistency, when you create a task in XBert CONNECT you allocate it to a Process that you've set up.
Why use Template Tasks?
There are many advantages to adopting a standardised approach.
- You have a clear and defined service offering
- Reduce complexity for your team and clients
- Utilise automated checks and audits to reduce errors and wasteful jobs
- Have better workflow management and visibility
- A solid foundation to deal with any changes and disruption.
Set up your common workflows as Processes in XBert CONNECT and include Template Tasks, then track and manage workflow using your Work dashboard. Your different services can be turned into Template Tasks with subtasks for the many jobs that form the overall workflow.
Template Tasks can include
- Workflow steps
- Requests from clients and agreed communications
- Client and staff onboarding and more.
You can set Template Tasks to occur once only, or recur weekly, monthly, quarterly or as required.
If you are a bookkeeping or accounting practice, you may offer services like
- Accounts Receivable and Payable
- Business Activity Statement (BAS) lodgement
- Taxable Payment Annual Reporting (TPAR)
- End Of Financial Year (EOFY) preparation.
The frequency of services often varies depending on the client.
Creating a Template Task
To create a Template Task, or parent task, go to TEMPLATES from the CONNECT navigation menu and choose + NEW TEMPLATE.
- If the order that work is completed is important, you can create Template Tasks for the series of steps needed for a service workflow. If relevant, select the Step Number, and give the Template Task a title, e.g Quarterly Tax Checklist or Month End Preparation.
- Adding a resolve link becomes the link across all the clients that the template is assigned. Keep this generic like the category of where the link will go. If you copy an accounting software link like : https://go.xero.com/AccountsPayable/Edit.aspx?InvoiceID=42799e247-379a-45c9-af08-bea14e8e6114, our system will strip out any individual organisation reference and just link to : https://go.xero.com/AccountsPayable. That way we will auto link it to the correct client.
- You can then go on to add tasks Description, where you can format and add additional links.
- Then add subtasks, order them to your preference. These can be checked off during tasks completion.
- Choose the process your task belongs to, to keep your workflow tidy.
Template Schedules and assigning to clients
- A template has schedules and can have more than one schedule. Each schedule is a set of fields that dictate on what time period the tasks will start and recur, and any due date set.
- After setting a role or assigning a user the client selector will activate. You can select as many clients as you wish.
- Setting a schedule to roles (roles are set on the organisations board), is the best way to manage your templates and schedules. If you choose to assign a schedule to a specific users you will only be able to add the clients they have access to. IE - Some of your team may not have access to some of the client files and those clients will not be displayed when assigning clients.
- If you create multiple schedules on a task and update the task template details it will update all the active schedules, including any future generated.
- Choose a start date for the schedule. This date is when the child task will appear on the Client Console's XBERTS & TASKS board.
- If it’s a recurring task, select the frequency the task should recur. Choose an end date if applicable or choose how many times the task should repeat.
- Set the due date which is the number of days after the start date or period the task is due for completion.
- Schedules can be setup to create tasks in the future by changing the ‘Create Tasks in the Future’ setting to above 0 months. This will allow you to visualise your future work and start making changes to future tasks if you're planning ahead.
- Add all the clients this schedule applies to.
- Please note it may take some time to generate your tasks on the work boards. We recommend checking in approx. 30 mins.
- Ensure you save both the task and schedules, and any updates. They will appear on both your Work board and in assigned organisations' client console XBERTS & TASKS board.