XBert CONNECT's Template Tasks, Service Breakdown and Quick Views are some of the tools you can use to keep track of your bookkeeping and accounting clients, process flow, team workload and your service offerings.
Template Tasks standardise your processes and ensure consistency of your service offerings across your client organisations or linked businesses. You can track and monitor the status of your clients and businesses, plus manage workflow using your AI-powered Process Status dashboard and Service Breakdown.
There advantages to standardising are: you clearly define your service offering, reduce complexity for your team and clients, utilise automated checks and audits to reduce errors and wasteful jobs, have better workflow management and visibility, and have a solid foundation on which to deal with any changes and disruption.
Turn your different services like Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Payable, Business Activity Statement (BAS) lodgement or End Of Financial Year (EOFY) preparation into Template Tasks. You can also add subtasks making Template Tasks perfect for checklists, requests from clients and agreed communications, client and staff onboarding etc. You can set them to recur weekly, monthly, quarterly, or as required.
Using Template Tasks
To create a Template Task, or parent task, go to TASKS from the CONNECT navigation menu and choose + NEW TASK
- Give the Template Task a title, e.g Quarterly Tax Checklist or Month End Preparation and check the box, Create Task as a Template.
- Decide which client organisations you want to assign the task to or choose, Select all clients. A task, or child task, will appear in each selected organisation.
- Add a Step Name or Task Title and description if you like
- Add any subtasks
- Assign the Template Task to a CONNECT team member to action. Template Tasks can only be assigned to CONNECT team members until they appear within the client organisation as child tasks, then you can assign a client or non-CONNECT team member.
- Allocate process tags that relate to the service offering or process.
- Choose a start date for the task, i.e. when the child task will appear on the client organisation’s XBERTS & TASKS board.
- If it’s a recurring task, select the frequency the task should recur. Choose an end date or how many times the task should repeat.
- Set the due date for completion, i.e. number of days after the start date or period.
- Save the Template Task. Child tasks will appear in assigned organisations’ XBERTS & TASKS board.
To learn about editing Template Tasks, please read our guide, XBert CONNECT's Template Tasks.
When you log into XBert CONNECT and first select Process Status from the navigation menu, you'll see a welcome message. This has your default Quick Views of items assigned to you at the top showing the total number of items, due today and due this week. Quick Views act like a filter, select one and you'll be taken to the Process Status dashboard with items assigned to you already filtered according to the Quick View you've chosen.
Alternatively, you can use the different filters to find what you're looking for, e.g. you can filter by Organisation Manager which displays all items for the linked organisations a particular CONNECT team member is assigned to manage.
You can also access your Quick Views from within the Process Status dashboard. To revert to the default view that shows the total client overview, deselect the highlighted Quick View.
You'll find your Service Breakdown on CONNECT's Process Status dashboard. We've made our existing process tags indicative of the type of services you offer so you can track and prioritise workflow.
You can customise the process tagging for XBerts (risk alerts) and tasks. Create your own process tags and edit the default set. Allocate one or more process tags for items that relate to a service. You can automatically allocate process tags to new XBerts or manually add them to tasks and XBerts. To display on the Process Status and Service Breakdown, items should have tags allocated. To learn more, please read, CONNECT's Process Status dashboard and tagging.
Hover over any number within a column for details of those items, clicking the number takes you to the organisation's XBERTS & TASKS dashboard so you can action and resolve those items.
Using the Service Breakdown
On the right of your Process Status dashboard, you'll see your Services drop-down.
Select the service to manage any outstanding items and monitor the status across all organisations.
The Service Breakdown has columns for:
- Total items outstanding - XBerts and Tasks for that service that are outstanding.
- Overdue & Due next 7 days
- Each CONNECT team member - helping you to monitor and distribute the workload
- Client Assigned - items assigned to a client to action or resolve
- Not Assigned - nobody is assigned to these items
To further filter the items, choose to see ALL items, only XBERTS or only TASKS and use the Date Range filter. The date relates to the due date of the item or Xero transaction date.
Select All Services from the drop-down to return to the total client overview of your Process Status dashboard. To remove any filter or revert to the default view, deselect the highlighted filter or Quick View.